Sign in to follow this  
Bdjr1

Stinger175 Electronics Mounting???

I going to mount a HDS-7 touch up front & 5x at the console, where would u mount them & what mounts, anyone have pics of a boat like this with finders mounted

thanks Bill

Mostly shallow lakes near me & electric only, so I spend most of my time in the front of the boat

I think that you would mount the front unit on the opposite side of the deck from the trolling motor.  Generally the trolling motor is mounted on the opposite side of the deck from the steering console, I guess for weight distribution purposes more than anything else.  For mounting the console unit, just find some place that fits.  I have a similar boat (Lowe WF 180 - 2002) and there was space to the right of the console.  IDK about how your boat is laid out.  I'd recommend using the heaviest duty RAM mounts that you could get.  A - because it lets you remove the units from the boat between fishing trips.  B - They are more adjustable, that makes a difference when you are wearing polarized sun glasses.  Look at them from one angle and you can't see anything.  Change the angle a little bit and you see perfectly.   The last time I changed out my electronics (2007) I had it done professionally because I'm not good at that kind of stuff and I didn't want to mess it up.

My stuff is mounted like this on my tin can. The big units have RAM mounts. The small one has its own quick disconnect mount. I don't have my units on the boat between home and the launch ramp.

SIoverload1.jpg

Here is the current set-up, Wasn't sure is the console spot was strong enough for a bigger unit, Don't mind the mess, the boat is being used as my hunting closet

4d36e876b854f4719d5711002c77babb.jpg

1fc501cd10e8e8ae09bfd28028e5c18b.jpg

2014-02-15_11-09-36_9.jpg

2014-02-16_14-50-25_18.jpg

2013-11-16_12-22-30_48.jpg

I have a Stinger 170

My stuff is mounted like this on my tin can. The big units have RAM mounts. The small one has its own quick disconnect mount. I don't have my units on the boat between home and the launch ramp.

I think you need more units...

SIoverload1.jpg

I think you need more units...

SIoverload1.jpg

I agree, just bought another one for testing. Will be doing that tomorrow.

There is already another one not in view that is behind the big screen at the console.

You can't have too much information.

• Like 1

2014-02-15_11-09-36_9.jpg2014-02-16_14-50-25_18.jpg2013-11-16_12-22-30_48.jpg

I have a Stinger 170

Any better pics of the front of your boat fishfinder & trolling motor

Mr_Scrogg did u put a plate behind the console mount, that is the same console I have

No plate on the console. Just oversized washers

Sadly, no other pic of the bow unit. I've since sold it.