Sign in to follow this  
jderry

Been Looking To Get A Lews Bb1

How does everyone like the brakes on it vs the magnetic brakes on a speed spool?

I have wanted to get a 7.1:1 reel for a while.

I really like the brakes on my Lews LFS reels, not sure if I will like them on the BB1

Opinions please!

I have always liked the centrifugal brakes more than the mag brakes (except for daiwas system). I usually look for reels with both brakes like the BPS PQ, Revo STX, or lews Tournament Pro.

I have a BB1 Pro (multi-stop version) in the low gear and it totally turned me on to cranking in 2014. I like the multi-stop better than the regular anti-reverse.

I would recommend the "Z" model with multi-stop versus the traditional infinite anti-reverse models if you're going to make it a cranking reel. It gives you a whole new feeling on cranks and a little more forgiveness for treble hooks.

If it's for stuff like jigs, spinnerbaits, and worming, I recommend the Tournament line.

Maybe I'll just stick with an LFS.

I have a gift card to TW that I was going to put towards a BB1.

Still a good reel! I don't own one but I have handled a friend's Speed Spool (not the LFS) and it was pretty good. He got it for like $50 after rebates. I haven't handled the LFS but everyone says they're better than the old model so I'd say you're going to be happy with it.

I absolutely love the externally adjusted centrifugal brakes on the bb1 pro. I wish lews would use it on more of their reels.

Love the reel. Smooth as butter and I can throw a 1/2oz crankbait past China.

If you're gonna crank, get a BB1 (Pro if you throw many sizes). And the Tourney Pro covers everything else.

• Like 1

I decided on the 7.1:1 LH tournament pro.

It has everything I am looking for, weighs next to nothing, and can be had for $150 with the awesome carbon fiber handle.

Depends on use. If you are skipping than a centrifugal brake may not be the best choice. Other than that, by all means go for it!

• Like 1

It will be going on an all purpose setup that will see too water lures, jigs, and occasionally a frog

It was between the BB1 pro or the TP.

only 10 dollars difference.

The TO seems more multiple use friendly