Sign in to follow this  
bass raider

What Reel Do I Have?

hey guys I recently traded my lews speed spool for a shimano curado but I don't know what model it is.i don't even know what gear ratio it is. the only numbers & words on it are CU-200& the piece of the frame above the line guide says curado bantam.its green&it has a bearing on the spool so I guess it doesn't have super free(?).anybody know what gear ratio&model it would be?   thanks.

That's one of the reels affectionately referred to as old greenies. I Think they were a 6.x:1. They are tanks and cast well when cleaned and set up.

hey guys I recently traded my lews speed spool for a shimano curado but I don't know what model it is.i don't even know what gear ratio it is. the only numbers & words on it are CU-200& the piece of the frame above the line guide says curado bantam.its green&it has a bearing on the spool so I guess it doesn't have super free(?).anybody know what gear ratio&model it would be?   thanks.

If it says Bantam, then it is definitely not recent. Can you post a picture of it?

Yes I agree you have the Curado 200B it is 6.3.1.  I own one still and still real smooth.

Just so you know the lowest price I've seen around these parts is 60 if you're lucky, but regularly it is around the 80 dollar mark.

I  have 8, 201b "greenies" that are anywhere from 10-16 years old. They cost $120 in 1997 and $120 in 2005. I have worn them out over the years and they still work like they did when I bought them. I wouldn't sell them for what  I paid for them. Keep it and fish it. However, they did make 5.21 curados  back then, two of mine are that gear ratio. I use them for cranks and spinnerbaits.

Just so you know the lowest price I've seen around these parts is 60 if you're lucky, but regularly it is around the 80 dollar mark.

thanks guys! I've been wondering what model it was&to be an "old" reel it is still VERY smooth&casts further than some of my new reels! I got one heck of a deal on it then if they're going for $80.i traded a WELL used speed spool for it& I originally paid $50 for the speed spool.

thanks guys! I've been wondering what model it was&to be an "old" reel it is still VERY smooth&casts further than some of my new reels! I got one heck of a deal on it then if they're going for $80.i traded a WELL used speed spool for it& I originally paid $50 for the speed spool.

I just sold mine for 80 to a buddy's friend today.  Sad to see it go, but I want to get a JDM reel now. 

That's my favorite reel you have there. I use them exclusively for saltwater. They're beasts! Nice score.