Sign in to follow this  
bassinbrady03

Cabelas Tourney Trail Rods

I have a 7' ML spinning rod Tourney Trail paired with a Pflueger President. I love it for the price. I have a Tourney Special from the other big box store that goes for $50 and I'll take the Cabela's all day over it. Pretty light for the price range. Not very stiff rods so if you like a slower action, they're good.

I have an order sitting in my cart right now with some Pork Chop crankbaits (love those and on sale) and a hoodie and I'm trying to decide if I want to throw in a couple rods for $30 each.

If I have one complaint against them, even for $30, I don't like the style of hook keeper on them.

The ML I have works well for me. I use it as my crappie rod with a size 200 reel and then it works as my drop shot and shakey head rod when I change reels. Pulled in some good bass and some slab crappie without a hitch.

There's been complaints on the spinning rods with tips breaking but I've had mine since spring 2012 and it's not had one issue.

I have a 6' medium spinning rod that I use for wacky rigs and dropshotting. It hauled in a lot of bass last year.

I bought one 15 years ago in a 2 piece to take to Florida on a family visit and it is still going strong.  Surprisingly, it is light as a feather even by today's standards.  It is a 6'6" MH baitcaster.  That rod has hauled a ton of bass over the years.

Here is the price for us Canadian residents.  59.99!  20 bucks different even on sale.  Crazy. 

$30. They're $29.99 here in the States.

I have a 6'6" Tourney Trail spinning rod I got for my wife to use back in 2003 and it has been beat up and still works great. They aren't the lightest or most sensitive but they are a solid rod for the original price and at the sale price makes it a no brainer for someone looking for a value rod.

cabelas needs to offer free shipping more. i hate finding something on sale for ridiculous price and then realize u gotta pay 10-15 dollars shipping when most places give u free shipping

I've had a 6'6" M 2 piece tourney trail spinning rod for around 6 years now. Its worked flawlessly over those years. Even pulled my personal best in from the reeds two seasons ago with it.

Bought my father the same rod last season and he's been liking it as well.

It's not the lightest and does feel a bit sluggish in its action but I'd have no problem building another sub $100 combo with one again. It's just plain reliable.

cabelas needs to offer free shipping more. i hate finding something on sale for ridiculous price and then realize u gotta pay 10-15 dollars shipping when most places give u free shipping

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I buy a lot of stuff from Cabelas but their shipping kills me. I like their hard baits a lot. Good enough hooks for me, good colors, run true, catch fish, and they're inexpensive. I went to buy a bunch a few weeks ago when they were on sale and the shipping was like $15. When you divide the shipping costs out per bait, I could go to TW and order a pile of Bombers or Strike King XD cranks.

These rods are a steal for $30 when they are on sale. I tend to buy the lighter ones. I have two of them currently, one 6'6 ML spinning that I use for live bait fishing (slip bobbers, lindy) and a 6'6 M casting for topwater. I don't topwater that often, and I didn't want to spend a lot on a topwater rod.. so it's perfect. 

My 6'6 ML has gotten a lot of action. My best lmb last summer was a 5.7lb I caught using it with 8lb mono and a slip bobber + minnow. I have baitcasting setups that cost 4x more, yet my cheap president + cabela's tourny trail rod brought in my biggest fish this past season. Funny how that works. 

I have a 7' medium casting rod. It's a decent rod but I have to replace the last guide because the inner ring on it fell off. But for that price, it is a good deal (unless you have to pay the ridiculous shipping fee). 

Everywhere else excepts cabelas has free shipping over 50$.Its ridiculous trying to order rods from cabelas online, as usually a $10+ shipping occurs.

I did get credit from them for shipping once. I ordered two rods from them and they charged additional shipping for both but they came together in the same shipping tube Aling with some soft plastics packing taped to the rod butts. I called and spoke with a nice young lady and explained that I was ok with the extra $8 (or whatever) because of the large item but that I shouldn't be charged for each of those items if they come in the same package. She agreed and refunded me the entire shipping cost of my order.

Does anyone know if this is also an in-store offer? I'm lucky enough to live within reasonable driving distance of a Cabelas and i'd swing by if they we're 30 bucks.

Does anyone know if this is also an in-store offer? I'm lucky enough to live within reasonable driving distance of a Cabelas and i'd swing by if they we're 30 bucks.

YES, it is in-store. You never have to worry about cabelas.com prices not being honored in the store, 100% of the time they do an adjustment right there if it's not marked right. The only exception is the rare time a sale item says "online only". 

YES, it is in-store. You never have to worry about cabelas.com prices not being honored in the store, 100% of the time they do an adjustment right there if it's not marked right. The only exception is the rare time a sale item says "online only". 

Just picked one up and it was $30.00.

Great stick for the price. Very Balanced on my New Pflueger Purist.

I saw some yesterday afternoon pop up on the site but then they went sold out again. I don't know of they had a small batch come in or if it was a website glitch. I've been checking back regularly.