Sign in to follow this  
atcoha

Day Late And A Dollar Short...

Been thinking about hitting up my favorite little private lake for the past 2 weeks. Saturday could not get here fast enough. Been in the garage everyday, doodling around with my fishing gear, charging my batteries...

Watching the weather all week, forecast looked good. Can't wait, so I call the lake owner when I got off work today to make my reservation(he usually does not like to make them a week in advance) he said he was full for saturday...broke my heart. That is ALL I have been thinking about for 2 solid weeks.

I should have called earlier this week, but I got busy, and life and all that. My backup plan is a state lake about 2 hours away, but most of the time, it's not worth the trip, a dink or two, the bed raiders have been in carpet bomb mode for the last 2 months. So, I don't know what I am going to do, guess I will do yard work.

I'm guessing there are no other lodging options. I had this same thing happen to me for one of  my yearly trips to northern Wisconsin.  I ended up renting a boat from a place 30miles away and stayed at a one star motel for the first few days.  A spot opened up at the resort a few days later and luckily the manager called to let me know.  

Be sure to ask about canceled bookings and/or last minute availability (some folks make reservations, but don't show). All may not be lost.

That sounds depressing. I don't know your area but isn't there something else within 2 hours except for the dink spot?? Google map and look for an area.

No lodging, I make the 2 hour drive up to his place. No biggie, I don't mind the drive because the fishing is great.

I usually go on Sundays, less traffic and not many people there, sometime all to myself, but Mothers' Day this Sunday, don't think my wife would be too happy.

Probably hit up the creek after yard work Saturday for a bit.

That sounds depressing. I don't know your area but isn't there something else within 2 hours except for the dink spot?? Google map and look for an area.

ya, there is. I hit the creek, there is another lake about an hour away, in the 19 years I have lived here, never a bite there....

Or maybe I will go bay fishing...catch some reds and speckled trout.

Still bummed, lol been reliving my last trip, and that big one that came undone on the swim jig. couple guys caught 9lb 4 oz, 8 1oz and 6 1oz this past week.

Gotta get me some of that action.

I think you feel a cold coming on. Isn't that what sick days are for?

I think you feel a cold coming on. Isn't that what sick days are for?

:)

Wow I feel a little spoiled now. I have two lakes, two rivers and dozens of ponds within 30 minutes of me.

• Like 1

Yeah I feel for ya buddy, that's rough. I think we're pretty spoiled around here. I can fish a bay about 3 minutes away. I can get onto a big river in about 5 minutes. I can hit up a couple of lakes and good sized rivers within 30 minutes . And I've willing to drive an hour, there are dozens and dozen (hundreds?) of lakes! Of course a lot of these aren't actually readily accessible but I still have plenty of spots to choose from within a 30 minute radius.

Look at all that blue!

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.5055117,-75.60966,11z

Currently shopping for a House on a body of a water so that I can just step outside and cast from my dock whenever I get an itch.

Unfortunately, the bass season is only starting in June here :( So you've still got me beat on that. However, Northern Pike is starting on May 15th so I've already booked my fishing partner for May 16th and so far the forecast is looking perfect. :eyebrows: