Sign in to follow this  
fish devil

Anyone Fish Assunpink Lake?

Heard about it, never fished it. Its supposed to be one of the premier big bass lakes in NJ

What do you need to know?

I heard there was a bunch of dead bass( especially big fish) reported after the ice thawed out this past year.  The early season tournament results were bad, so this leads me to believe there was a major kill. Have you heard anything?  Have you fished there recently?  In prior years my club always caught big fish from there.  Just wondering what to expect.  THANKS!!!

Hey did you ever get to fish the tournament at this lake? If so, is the fishing there still good?

FD is actually fishing the Assunpink tournament today. Him and I were out there yesterday prefishing. We caught most of the fish early with our biggest later in the day in the 10-12ft range. Seems like it is still very healthy.

• Like 1

That's great to hear I've been going the last couple of days with no luck, but that's bank fishing :( I have to look into a kayak maybe to start off

Thank you Jason for prefishing yesterday.  The area we fished produced again today.  Bite was even tougher.  We won with 4 bass for 9+lbs. 10 teams/boats competed. Not many fish were weighed. Lunker only went 3.39lbs. 

That's awesome! Am relatively local to this lake, I'll have to learn it better to catch nice bass

NICE FD! Nothin beats time out on the water! So I'm guessing you were able to convince Fred? Lol!