Sign in to follow this  
SenkoGuru

Help With Which Megabass To Buy Next. Please

I bought the 7'5 EMTF and was so happy with it that after one fishing trip I ordered the Tour Versatile for Jig's and such. I use the EMTF for Senko's, Texas rigs and light football jigs and I use the Tour for flipping, pitch jig's, larger T-rigs, c-rigs so those two rods cover the majory of the baits I fish. I only bring my topwater rod and my Frog ands toad rod and grab a couple of my White ice to thorw my other baits on. What I would like to do is buy one more Megabass to cover those other baits and then try fishing with a set of megabass rods for a while.

I need a megabass rod I can throw spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, swimjigs, SQ Billed cranks, rattletraps and hudd's on. I was looking at either the Flatside Special or the Spinnrbait special, but I am simply unsure of which rod would do this the best. Which would you guys choose? The 6'10 mod-fast MH or the 7'0" Regular taper MH flat side special.?

Thanks for any and all help guys.

Based on my experience with I would say the Spinnerbait Special. I love it for squarebills, lipless, and spinnerbaits. Another option would be the Diablo, but it feels a bit faster and a bit more powerful then the Spinnerbait in my hands. I also have the TV and the the Jerkbait Special. I'm really enjoying the Jerkbait Special for jerkbaits, top water, lighter smaller cranks, it's just a lot of fun to fish and it or the Spinnerbait special will even handle smaller finesse jigs and light weight trigs. The regular taper on the JS is definitely more parabolic, the Spinnerbait is still on the fast side of moderate making it really versatile. I've successfully used the Spinnerbait special with jigs and 3/8 trig creatures in cover and landed fish, but also landed 4 and 5 lb fish on squarebills no problem.

If you look at my old posts I think I posted some pics comparing the action of the Spinnerbait and Diablo. And as always Gary at The Tackle Trap can help you out too.

Let us know what u decide and how you like it once you get it.

It depends on what weights your throwing, but it sounds like you need the spinner bait special.

I have played around with the Flat Side Special in store and I though it felt too soft for spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, and swim jigs. I would definitely go for the spinnerbait special or diablo spec R,especially if you plan on primarily fishing the above.

For spinnerbaits, OROCHI X4 F4-67x4. Brian.

Thanks guys, it helped. I was not thinking about the Spec R because I was thinking it was pretty much the same rod as the EMTF but shorter. I'm not really sure why I was not considering it because the EMTF is fantastic. I think I'm going to order the Spinnerbait Special for now and then may be go for the Spec R in a few months. Thanks.