Sign in to follow this  
OroBass

Clear Lake California Advice

I'm headed to Clear Lake in the morning and was wondering if I could get some advice thanks guys.

The spawn should be over in the shallower water areas in the big basin with heavy weed cover.

There area where 2 major peninsulas or major points located where the lake narrows, both should be good, some spawner's may be there, the weed beds less dense with tulles near deeper water. You need a boat!

Big 7" Senko's , Basstrix 7" hollow body swimbait in hitch, jigs, crankbait in deeper open water areas and frog, spooks or other top water lures should all work for you.

If you plan to fish the big basin, frogs in open pockets or punch rigs.

Tom

thanks tom. I will be in a boat on a two day trip. Planning on throwing punch rigs and jigs.

thanks tom. I will be in a boat on a two day trip. Planning on throwing punch rigs and jigs.

Clear Lake is a big body of water with lots of rock piles and a few telephone poles, etc unmarked just under the surface, be careful! Purple & brown jig with dark green trailers can be a good combo there and black/red crankbaits, both worked around rock areas, like the narrows or rattle snake island.

Enjoy your trip, should a great experience.

Tom

my buddy was up there today. small swimbaits, swim jigs, chatterbaits, spinnerbaits, frogs, and flipping produced

When is the frog bite generally best here? I would guess from now to about early October?

When is the frog bite generally best here? I would guess from now to about early October?

You're exactly right!  It should be really good now...