Sign in to follow this  
dam0007

Old School Berkely Popper

The popper they used to make, does anyone know the name of it?

Frenzy pop? Bubble pop?

It's the one that has the BLOOP that sounds like something out of a video game lol like 5"

It was a member of the "Frenzy" series along with a Lipless Crank, Popping Frog, Walking Bait, Swimbait, and Small Crank post-51108-0-36494200-1434329086_thumb.j

That one is like 3 1/2" and the one I'm thinking of looks just like it and didn't have a buck tail. I think it came out in the early 90s. if it weren't for a pike I'd post a pic. Doing a eBay search.

Ordered a Frenzy popper off eBay. Thinking I was wrong. Nope I was right this isn't it. I wonder if maybe it was a saltwater popper. It's literally twice the size of this.

Fish the one you bought... it's a good popper.

oe

Paid $13 for it and price tag says $2.50 I got robbed. Lol I didn't know the mark up was so high thing is like 12 years old. A guy in my club has dozens of the lipless crank frenzy. I wonder if I should tell him to hold on to them as they're all new unopened. Maybe he'll be able to make a buck.

I've still got 4-5 unopened Frenzy Poppers.  It's my popper of choice and I have one in my tackle bag with me always.  The lipless Frenzy is OK and I've got several, but not head & shoulders better than others on the market today.  I wish Berkley would bring the popper back into production... or maybe since I've got a supply that most other anglers don't I shouldn't wish that!

oe

I've still got 4-5 unopened Frenzy Poppers. It's my popper of choice and I have one in my tackle bag with me always. The lipless Frenzy is OK and I've got several, but not head & shoulders better than others on the market today. I wish Berkley would bring the popper back into production... or maybe since I've got a supply that most other anglers don't I shouldn't wish that!

oe

Do u remember if they had more than one size in the popper?

I don't remember a larger one.

oe

I remember the one I had being Berkley same shape as the Frenzy just bigger. About the same size as my 115 sammys. Must've been a SW plug. Ahhhh d**n pike! I loved that lure