Sign in to follow this  
Mainebass1984

Vt Bass Fishing

Over the past week the bass fishing has been great ! I went Fri-Tues and each day the fishing did not disappoint. Friday A friend and I took a long ride to northern VT and the smallmouth action was incredible. We boated over 41 Smallies for the day. I had lunker at 4 lbs 13 oz. My biggest 5 bass went 18 lbs 2 oz. The fishing was incredible. My friend caught a 4 lb 6 oz and a 4 lb 4 oz. Between the two of us we had another 9 between 3 and 4 lbs. A great day of smallie fishing. The next day I fished an afternoon on a lake in central VT. I hadn't been there for 2 years. I could only fish the afternoon but it was still a blast. I boated 38 bass, 33 were largemouths. They were slamming jigs and senkos, although I did get a couple on a frog. I could see some big fish but couldn't get them to commit. Lunker for that day was 4 lbs 1 oz but I caught a lot in the 2-3 lb range. The next day I went to Champlain in my friends smaller boat. It is a 14 ft with a 25 hp on the back. As soon as we launched we started catching fish. The jig bite was on. Within the first hour my biggest 5 went over 16 lbs with a 5 lb 5 oz lunker. The bite remained pretty good all day until we left at 4. We caught 62 bass. My friend got lunker with a 5 lb 7 oz. It was a great day. Weather was beautiful and we both caught a lot of nice fish including a 5 lber each. It was an awesome time. Mon I decided to go adventuring and fish a new lake. The weather was brutal. A huge cold front had come in and the wind was 15 mph sustained with gusts to 30. Regardless I toughed it out and caught 10 bass in 7 hours of fishing. At this particular place the largemouth had just begun to spawn. I saw a lot of huge fish shallow. The biggest I could manage to bite was a 3-12. I saw much bigger fish but they didn't want anything I tossed there way. Tuesday I had a club tourney in the afternoon from 4-8. I had only fished the place once before 2 years ago. It was a touuuuuugh bite. My boater had a real rough day and didn't boat a bass. My lunker for the day was a 3 lb 4 oz. We finished in 3rd place. My boater didn't weigh in any fish but it was still a blast fishing with him.. He put me on a couple fish. Hopefully the fishing will continue to be good for awhile !

DSC01009_zpsvprqfrtw.jpg

4-13 smallie

DSC01010_zpseaock7sv.jpg

5-5 largemouth

• Like 1

Wow man that's awesome. I need to take a trip up to where you fish. I'm going to Plymouth next week hoping to catch my first smallie. I hope I have a day half as good as one of yours. I love seeing your pictures you always catch big ones. Great report.