Sign in to follow this  
jaysen

San Francisco To Lake Tahoe

I will be visiting a friend on july 24-28 in san Francisco. while there I am looking to fish but I am a bit clueless. this will be my first time on the west coast. if anyone will be fishing in san Francisco or lake Tahoe that weekend and let me join them or could give me advice , it would be greatly appreciated. I would gladly return the favor if you ever come to the east coast.

San Fransico is located near the San Jaquan Delta area with world class bass fishing. This is a vast area and you will need to contact a guide. The lake Tahoe area is a high altitude resort area, primarily good for trout fishing. The area in between those two is known as the foothill lakes with a dozen excellent lakes to choose from, most are very low water pool now due to the drought. The area north of San Fransico is the wine area with Clear lake another world class bass lake and several others to choose from.

You need to do your homework and focus on specific lakes you want to fish.

Tom

let me know if you wanna hit some local reservoirs around sf. i can definitely help you get on some fish. we can rent a boat (cheap) and go out on some electric only reservoir and catch them good. or bank fish some secret spots.

• Like 1

Hi. Im new to SF and new to bass fishing so if people don't mind I would love to join if timing permits. I'm near San Pablo Reservoir/east bay and heard good things about Delta & Clear Lake.

thanks for the advice and help. I will be in staying in pinole. I am planning on bringing all of my own gear. zeth, pm sent.

so I fished a few locations with a nice lunker at a reservoir.

apparently they electro shocked and killed all the large bass in lake Tahoe to save all the trout. joke is on them, there are thousands of small bass in the 4-6 inch range. I will return in 5 years for some non stop action.