Sign in to follow this  
Rhino68W

Looking For A New Spinning Rod

I am looking to buy a new spinning rod to use for weightless lure, wacky rigs, dropshots, and Mojo Rigs. The one I have now just isn't cutting it. I am looking for something in the $50-$70 price range. Reason being is I am a die hard baitcaster guy and it's going to take some time for me to truly want to invest in a quality expensive rod. I want to make sure I actually use it first. Any tips would be great. I have an Academy about 5 minutes from the house.

I'm far from an expert,but since you're near an A.S. I would suggest an Allstar AST series about what you want to spend,or for $30 more a Ducket ghost would  work.You could also try out a bunch since A.S is near,but I'm usually overwhelmed by the shear numbers of fishing rods to choose from .Good luck with your search.

GG

Dicks sporting goods has the skeet reese rods on sale for 2 for $60 right now until midnight. There's a few spinning models available

Dicks sporting goods has the skeet reese rods on sale for 2 for $60 right now until midnight. There's a few spinning models available

The DSG near me stinks. Their fishing section is about as big as a truck. It stinks.

not the most sensitive spinning rod, but for the money it'll work = berkley lightning

i bought one when starting out and it served me very well (until i broke it in transport - 100% my fault)