Sign in to follow this  
bassfash

I Need A New Finesse Rod

I was looking at the duckett terex 7' M or the magic pro 7' M there is only a ten dollar price difference and was wondering if o e was better than the other. The micro magic pro does have the new microwave guide system and was wondering if that actually improves casting range. both would be spinning.

I'm not sure one could classify a medium powered rod as finesse. What are you planning to use it for?

Assume you mean the spinning rod.  1/8 oz. shakey heads may be finesse size, but I have to agree a Medium is not what I would consider a finesse rod.  My 7' 2" River Runner rated 1/32-5/16 oz. is more my idea of finesse fishing.  However, if talking casting rods anything with a total of 3/16 oz. down is definitely finesse fishing for me because anything below that weight is tough for me to cast. :sad78:

One rod is black the other white. Lots of good choices in that price point.

Tom

I'm not sure one could classify a medium powered rod as finesse. What are you planning to use it for?

i mant spinning not casting, and i would use it  for dropshot. i did have a medium light for a while, but it was a little light for me, so i prefer the medium for dropshotting.

Go for a Carrot Stix, There's nothing lighter/more sensitive in the $100 something price range.  Plus they are orange (or green). 

Go for a Carrot Stix, There's nothing lighter/more sensitive in the $100 something price range.  Plus they are orange (or green). 

they are a good looking rod. I'll loook into getting one thanks