Sign in to follow this  
Brett's_daddy

Sometimes Simple Is Best!

Nowadays there are soooo many different lures with so many different colors, hook sets, action etc., etc. I decided to go "old school" if you'll call it that and bought a natural frog color Jitterbug the other day. My wife complained a little because it seems like I'm always spending money on lures but I'll tell you what, I'm glad I did. On my second cast I decided to go into the lily pads with it and WHAM a nice 16.5" 2.5lb. bass it it like a ton of bricks. My wife was impressed so I let her use it and she caught one too but not quite as big at about 14.5" and maybe 1.5 - 2lbs. I know Jitterbugs aren't anything fancy and have been around for years but I guess there's a reason they're still around...they seem to work :).

My bro-in-law wore me out at a pond one evening with a Jitterbug. I hadn't even considered using one since I was a kid. I owned one, but it wasn't with me. I had to make do with a Pop R, which wasn't what they wanted.

Sweet -- Coincidentally, yesterday morning I pulled out a jitterbug for the first time in a few years and used it for 20 minutes before sunrise as the sky was starting to lighten...Water smooth as glass --plop, ploopity-plop, plop...Splash!  Just a dink, but nice to know they still do the job!

Nothing wrong with the old school stuff it still works. I use more older stuff than new.

Twilight it's the sky starting to light u p. It's my favorite time to fish before the rooster crows.