mattk22

Where To Get Jig Molds

I have looked at Do-it and can't seem to find something in the vein I am looking for.  What places can I look at for jig molds?  I am looking for something in the vein of the Boss Heavy Cover (with smaller hook) or Ike Mini flip style head.  More of a compact oval style head that isn't an Arkie, more of a blunt front on it.  

Do-It molds is your best off the shelf mold maker today. The Sparkie or Tear drop maybe what you are looking for?

You can make a wooden carved head and take it to a local machine shop to make a single cavity using a blank Do-It mold.

Tom

I've been using the weedless banana jig to make finesse flipping jigs. I've been making a 3/8oz with an Owner 5313 hook in a 3/0 and it is killer for boat docks and moderate cover using 14lb line an a MH-F rod. I like that jig mold as I was making finesse flipping jigs before that Missle jig was even thought about as I live and fish in the Northeast and I had a need for a compact flipping jig. The jig has a ball collar and I cut a slit in the mold for it to accept a wire keeper to hold my trailers on, it has cavities from 3/16oz to 1/2oz and it uses heavy duty 60 and 90 degree hooks, it is super versatile. http://www.barlowstackle.com/Do-It-Banana-Head-Weedless-Jig-Mold-P254C56.aspx

I've been using the weedless banana jig to make finesse flipping jigs. I've been making a 3/8oz with an Owner 5313 hook in a 3/0 and it is killer for boat docks and moderate cover using 14lb line an a MH-F rod. I like that jig mold as I was making finesse flipping jigs before that Missle jig was even thought about as I live and fish in the Northeast and I had a need for a compact flipping jig. The jig has a ball collar and I cut a slit in the mold for it to accept a wire keeper to hold my trailers on, it has cavities from 3/16oz to 1/2oz and it uses heavy duty 60 and 90 degree hooks, it is super versatile. http://www.barlowstackle.com/Do-It-Banana-Head-Weedless-Jig-Mold-P254C56.aspx

i saw that jig mold, my only issue with it was the keepers.  how does it hold a jig skirt on?  can you send me a pic of how you modded it to accept a wire keeper?  where do you get your wire keepers from.  I am from Ohio, so i have the same need as you for a finesse flipping jig.