Sign in to follow this  
HoosierHawgs

Good Deal?

Know nothing about Wilderness Systems, but I know they do have a good reputation on here. Someone has posted a local Craigslist ad for a Ride 135 with all the fixings here: http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/spo/5312360088.html

Is this a good deal? I bet I could probably haggle a little with him, what would be a great deal, if I could negotiate it with him?

Thanks,

Hoosier

Know nothing about Wilderness Systems, but I know they do have a good reputation on here. Someone has posted a local Craigslist ad for a Ride 135 with all the fixings here: http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/spo/5312360088.html

Is this a good deal? I bet I could probably haggle a little with him, what would be a great deal, if I could negotiate it with him?

Thanks,

Hoosier

A very good kayak you can stand in. And wow, he's

throwing a lot of stuff in with it. Looks like a good deal

to me.

• Like 1

A very good kayak you can stand in. And wow, he's

throwing a lot of stuff in with it. Looks like a good deal

to me.

What's the price of a stock Ride 135?

Going rates at Austin Kayak - just over $1K to $1400

http://www.austinkayak.com/search/systems%20ride%20135

Ok, then this dies sounds like quite a deal. I'm going to be doing some research on the finder (200 bones at Gander Mt) and the paddle before I make any decisions on heading to go see it. I might have to see if he is negotiable.
  • Like 1

Not a bad deal.  I came close to buying a gently used 135 off Craigslist about a year ago.  I hesitated after I went and looked it over - and after I tried to lift it.  I ended up finding a new Tarpon 100 (w/paddle, rod holders, flag, etc.) from a local dealer for under $500 at a mid-winter sale.  Glad I did.  I'm not as young as I was when I was younger  :)  Putting the Tarpon on my Montero and Durango is pretty close to my max.  I'd love that 135, but for me, I'd probably need a trailer. 

• Like 2

Each time I look at the listing, I see something I missed before...toss in the PFD, the roof rack, the FF.....etc, it is looking better all the time.

• Like 2

Ok, then this dies sounds like quite a deal. I'm going to be doing some research on the finder (200 bones at Gander Mt) and the paddle before I make any decisions on heading to go see it. I might have to see if he is negotiable.

Yes, and like Choporoz said, you've also got a good PFD, roof rack, etc.

Looks to be very good deal

I would try to get the kayak only from him. Rigging the kayak to your fishing style is half of the fun. Don't pay new prices for his used gear.

I got my ride 135 used at a good price and outfitted it to my standards. If you go with a ride 135, I'd recommend a trailer. They are heavy after a long day of paddling and fishing.

• Like 1