Sign in to follow this  
Big Bait Fishing

Sunline Shooter Metan Green !!!

never seen much talk about this line . i've been using it for awhile and it's my go to leader line in 10 & 12 lb. test . i used some Sunline Sniper for a month or two but didn't care for the stretch . wanted to try some Shooter but don't like the glare of clear flourocarbon line so tried some Metan Green as it was on discount at a tackle shop that was phasing out their tackle section and just sticking to their boat section . the line is a lot less stretchy than Sniper and is , in my opinion , a lot more abrasion resistant and more sensitive thanks to it's hardness . the green line disappears in clear water much less in stained water with no glare !!

The line is more exspensive than most flourocarbons since for $25 you only get 109 yards but if you use it like i do for leaders , it will last you a while !!! i tie this to Sufix 832 low vis green in #30.

post-17671-0-08526700-1448672585_thumb.p

• Like 1

I have wanted to try this as my main line, right now I'm using the sniper and reaction line and love em. I have read that the shooter is stiffer, I know Aaron uses it a good bit, that and the sniper. I also really really like the tatsu.

Sunline Shooter was thier USA offering about 25 years ago and the line that put them on the map.

It was first introduced in 300 meter spools at $30 for all line lb test from 6 to 25. The price hasn't changed much, however the spool size went down and down! The first retailer I remember was GS Trout supply. It's good line.

Tom