Sign in to follow this  
Balshy Fishing

Ordering A 4Th Rod/reel Today[Before Sale Is Over]

I currently own,

• 6'6 MF Spinning Rod(Shimano Sojourn)
  • 6'6 MH Spinning Rod(Abu Garcia Vengeance)
  • 6'9 ML Spinning Rod(Abu Garcia Vendetta)

Based on what I own currently, what do you recommend I purchase next? 

I've been trying to use top waters and light wenko's with my MF, heavier jigs and bigger crankbaits on the MH and ned rigs and light texas rigs on the ML

I don't want to spend a lot of money so any suggestions would be great. I'm looking to spend between 80-100 with the 20% off. Also, I'll need to pick up a reel as well. These are the ones I currently have. 

• Quantum Optix-40 || 5:3:1 
  • Quantum Optix-30 || 5:2:1
  • Cardinal353i || 5:1:1

Any help would be absolutely amazing. Thanks everybody. 

Me, I would probably get another MH for spinnerbaits (if you throw them) and heavier T-rigs. MH rods are usually pretty versatile. 

Me, I would probably get another MH for spinnerbaits (if you throw them) and heavier T-rigs. MH rods are usually pretty versatile.

Any suggestion on a type of rod for this within the 100.00(with or without discount)

How about the Daiwa Procyon Spinning 7' Med Hvy for $70 and then pair it with a Daiwa REVROS 2500 for $50? After discount it will be under $100.

What would you recommend for the ratio?

Sounds like you already have the spinning rigs you need, why not live a little and learn casting? There are plenty of $80-100 quality rods available.

• Like 1

Sounds like you already have the spinning rigs you need, why not live a little and learn casting? There are plenty of $80-100 quality rods available.

I'd rather not start with $80 for my first casting rod haha. I'm a little nervous, to be honest.

My personal suggestion for a rod, would be a spinning rod from a company I cannot name due to restrictions on this site, but the number 13 is involved and it is there generation 2 rod...it's 7'1 inch though. From your original post, you seem to like the shorter rods. Others would have better suggestions on the reel.

My personal suggestion for a rod, would be a spinning rod from a company I cannot name due to restrictions on this site, but the number 13 is involved and it is there generation 2 rod...it's 7'1 inch though. From your original post, you seem to like the shorter rods. Others would have better suggestions on the reel.

What restriction would that be?? I see people post their opinion all the time on here about brand X being better or worse than brand Y. I read the rules and all it says is that you cannot promote a product or company or "advertise". I personally have used the forbidden brand and was not impressed, but that's just my opinion. I much prefer my Shimano Crucial or my St. Croix Rage, but those exceed the target price point.

If there is some restriction on a certain brand....it shouldn't be hard to locate in the rules but I didn't see it when I looked.

What restriction would that be?? I see people post their opinion all the time on here about brand X being better or worse than brand Y. I read the rules and all it says is that you cannot promote a product or company or "advertise". I personally have used the forbidden brand and was not impressed, but that's just my opinion. I much prefer my Shimano Crucial or my St. Croix Rage, but those exceed the target price point.

If there is some restriction on a certain brand....it shouldn't be hard to locate in the rules but I didn't see it when I looked.

I had typed in the name of the rod model and once I posted, it was starred out *****. After the fact I remembered reading somewhere, in another post, that it was due to over aggressive promoting of their products or something along those lines from that company and the pro staff. So I edited my post to give the best hint at what the OP should look for. Regardless, I liked their spinning rods for the around 100.00 price point. I hear many good things about the Rage rods too, (longtime St. Croix fan), but I think they are out of the OP's price range. 

I much prefer my Shimano Crucial or my St. Croix Rage, but those exceed the target price point.

A heads-up then: On the St Croix site, in the Bargain Room, the Rage line are marked down to $89 now, and there are a number of models in casting and spinning available.

I'd rather not start with $80 for my first casting rod haha. I'm a little nervous, to be honest.

Another place you might check out for getting a better quality rod at a discount that falls to your price range is Fisherman's Factory Outlet, which has some rods by Pure Fishing brands (Abu, Berkley, Fenwick) at 40-50% off or more; I got a Fenwick Elite Tech Smallmouth casting rod earlier this month marked down to $75; the original retail on those was $130. They still have a few of the 6'9" MH-F and and 6'10" MH-MF left, along with some HMGs and a bunch of Abu rods too.

The Tatula Rods are on sale on Bass Pro's site for around $100. I would recommend those for sure. Another one I would recommend is the Duckett Ghost. It's a good rod for $100

• Like 1

A certain number that can't be named has a rod that is a synonym to prophecy in the color black that would be a good casting rod for $100. If o were a buyer I would wait until another TW sale and order then. The Tatula is also a good recommendation.

A certain number that can't be named has a rod that is a synonym to prophecy in the color black that would be a good casting rod for $100.

Now you've done the deed. The street fighting man will be here to take care of things soon.

• Like 1

Now you've done the deed. The street fighting man will be here to take care of things soon.

Haha! It's too bad they got banned. I'm not any type of pro staff for any company, but I just think that they do good for the price. 

It was a joke. Thought we were talking in parables.

The reference is to a Rolling Stones song, just in case you're not a Stones fan.