custer

Rod Building season

TIme to withdraw from this incredible fund of knowledge!!!

2 questions:

1. Drop shot blank / stick bait rod, I am looking to build a spinner for this. The 

MHX High-Mod Gen II Drop Shot Rod Blank DS8515 [7'1" 8-12lb.] is the blank I am leaning toward. What would you recommend for this type fishing?  Am I crazy trying to get drop shot and stick bait on same action???

2. Rod for 1-2 oz swim baits. I have the MHX SW967 and it's more rod then I want to fish (for this, SW surf or tidal, that blank kicks butt) bass with swimbaits. What are your thoughts on the MHX CB-847 and limit my swim baits to it's weight range?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!!

By stick bait do you mean senkos etc or hard jerk baits? What swim baits are you throwing?

On December 27, 2015 at 4:02 PM, custer said:

TIme to withdraw from this incredible fund of knowledge!!!

2 questions:

1. Drop shot blank / stick bait rod, I am looking to build a spinner for this. The 

MHX High-Mod Gen II Drop Shot Rod Blank DS8515 [7'1" 8-12lb.] is the blank I am leaning toward. What would you recommend for this type fishing?  Am I crazy trying to get drop shot and stick bait on same action???

2. Rod for 1-2 oz swim baits. I have the MHX SW967 and it's more rod then I want to fish (for this, SW surf or tidal, that blank kicks butt) bass with swimbaits. What are your thoughts on the MHX CB-847 and limit my swim baits to it's weight range?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!!

Custer, 

Looks like your getting into the rod building season!! You can get DS and stick bait on same action. Just making sure you know though, everyones's XF action is different. Just make sure you pay attention to that

For your Swimbait rod, you can do SW surf, etc.. on it.. I use our RainShadow SW967F ( 2 piece ) for Bass flipping frogging, SW for Yellows and Smaller Blue fins, also bottom bounce with Ling Cod, Rock Bass, etc.. FYI, Looking to do some Spring King fishing too!! 

So to answer your question, you should be fine if you get the right blank!