Sign in to follow this  
bigfruits

St. Croix Rage RS610MXF

Hello St. Croix users,

My friend is looking for a spinning rod for 3/16-1/4oz (+ trailer) jigs and t-rigs and senkos.

Do the Rage rods use Avid blanks? How do the spinning rods balance? Would the RS610MXF be good for his intended uses?

Thanks!

-Z

4 minutes ago, bigfruits said:

Hello St. Croix users,

My friend is looking for a spinning rod for 3/16-1/4oz (+ trailer) jigs and t-rigs and senkos.

Do the Rage rods use Avid blanks? How do the spinning rods balance? Would the RS610MXF be good for his intended uses?

Thanks!

-Z

Yes. The avid would work. But I use the st croix permier. 

Thanks, Dan. 

The Rage is $89 shipped but I am now looking at pictures of the rod and the reel seat does not look very comfortable. 

yes it is the same level graphite as the avid and the new mojo bass rods.  i think i'm up to 7 rage rods now and have the 610MXF you are looking at.  the grips are very comfortable unless maybe you have a very large hand (I wear size large gloves and its fine).  I'd personally go for the 71MF for the uses you mentioned.  it is not avaialbe in the Rage, but it is in the Avid neo which is the same rod as the Rage but made for european market.  I've heard if you call st croix and talk to the store, you can get two clearance rods for $100 plus $20 shipping

http://stcroixrods.com/shop/freshwater-rods/avid-neo-spinning-rods/

oh and they balance perfectly with a light reel like the pflueger supreme.  i use the 30 size with the medium rods and 25 size on a medium light.