Sign in to follow this  
Zachb6

Micro powerpole

Ive been looking at getting one of these power poles for my boat but just haven't really heard much about them. Are the worth the money or should I just save up for actual powerpoles? And how hard is the installation? If anyone's heard anything about these and can help me out that would be great 

How much does your boat/motor/fuel/gear/and fishermen weigh?

Umm not totally sure I'm guessing maybe 2,000 and some change if that sounds right? But I read one review that a guy used one on his nitro z7 and it worked fine 

about the 1:07 mark of this video they say the upper weight limit for the boat is 1500 pounds

I was considering one for my 17' ranger alum. I did the calculations and came up with right at 1900-2000# (1050# dry boat weight). I asked a few power pole dealers and even their CS directly.. all said the same thing. It will work on calm days on relatively hard bottom, but if the "spike" is in muck and the wind blows the boat against it there will be issues. They said the weight limit of 1500# is conservative, but I would void any warranty with a boat weighing over that if there are any issues. 

• Like 1

I have one on my 1542 jon boat. Install was super easy. 4 bolts, 4 crimp connections, and you're ready to go. The only drawback to them compared to the regular Powerpole is, the spike makes going under low bridges and trees a hassle, and it sticks up high so someone on the back deck may find it hard to cast. It'll anchor my light boat in anything.