No Thanks I'll Bass

Gulf Shores Bass Fishing

I am going on a summer trip to gulf shores, AL and was wondering if anyone knew of a place that I could go fishing for largemouth bass down there? Preferably water that doesn't have salt in it if that's possible. If anyone has any ideas let me know! 

Plenty of rivers just north of that area. I'm about an hour away. You won't have a problem. Google map it, don't forget your license! 

Might want to hit up fishinfiend, he lives and fishes a little closer to that area than me. When I go to gulf shores, it's either work, or inshore fishing. Good luck and have fun.

• Like 1

A stand alone pond would not contain salt no

• Like 1

why would you want to fish bass in Gulf shores, such good oil rig fishing off there .  make sure ya go to the florabama , and the pink pony pub and order a few baskets of their Deep fried blue crab claws.  omg best thing ever made on this planet earth 

• Like 3

There are 2 freshwater lakes in the state park.

Ken

There are 2 freshwater lakes in the state park.

Ken

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slade House said:

why would you want to fish bass in Gulf shores, such good oil rig fishing off there .  make sure ya go to the florabama , and the pink pony pub and order a few baskets of their Deep fried blue crab claws.  omg best thing ever made on this planet earth 

I'd like to do some bass fishing somewhere other than where I live. I just want to see what's out there! And yea I'll have to get me some of those crab claws! 

As mentioned the state park is freshwater. I don't know of any ponds open to public. Most all are in neighborhoods or on private property. 

There are several rivers like the fish river and magnolia but they are brackish near the mouths. 

Are you going to saltwater fish?

The state pier offers a lot of action on a variety of species.

• Like 1

I really just want to find a place to bass fish for a day. I will do a charter of some sort or fish off the beach as well but one day I want to bass fish down there. I just need to know of some places to do that. 

It's over a year later, did you find somewhere to fish? I will be planning a trip there next summer and would love to hit a lake or pond.