Sign in to follow this  
Dat_Bass

Best Frog Rod/Reel

Alright, so I just won $200  at a fishing tournament. I'm looking to add a frogging setup to my arsenal but am a little lost. I'll normally be throwin regular frogs and poppers with the occasional Ribbit frog here and there. I have been lookin at the Daiwa Tatula CT and that seems like a good choice but other recommendations are welcome. I'm sort of lost with rods. I've heard the Powell's are nice and I am one hundred percent sure I want a medium heavy.  Length, brand, all that stuff doesn't really matter. Thanks!

The tatula CT is a great choice.  Get the 8.1.  Why do you want a MH rod?  I fish in the North but still use frogs in some of the nastiest stuff so I use a 7'2" heavy rod.

Dobyns Fury 735

Tatula XT or Lews tournament MB in a high gear ratio

• Like 2

The Tatula 7'4" heavy froggin rod is a great choice. I have one and love it. I can cast a mile with it,and it has a ton of backbone to pull them out. For the price it is a great choice for a frog rod. I paired mine with a Quantum smoke speed freak reel. The combo feels great and at 35 inches a turn the reel moves the bass well.