juicebass

Baitcast reel seems messed up

I think my shimano citica isn't working to potential.

i cast it out and honestly it doesn't go very far... The reel seems to slow down the bait and loses speed fast. Breaks are on low, and my tension nob is set per bait properly....

I just realized how bad it was because I bought a Revo Sx this year and was blown away by how far it casts..

i understand it's a better reel, but I'm almost positive now that my citica isn't throwing to potential.. How do I fix it?

thanks

Your best option is to send it to DVT.  :D  I don't like to tinker, and feel I'd be more apt to mess something up than fix it.  Mike has plenty of experience looking for problems and fixing them.  You also get a 10% discount if you mention being a member on bassresource.  Not only that, but you would get your reel back properly cleaned and lubed.  Should get it back better than new.  :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mojojojo said:

have you taken it down and cleaned/lubed it? 

I added a small drop of lube but not a full undo and redo, I'm not good with messing around with reels and all that.

It's impossible to say without seeing it but I'd be surprised if cleaning didn't fix it right up. Service for members here is <$20. ($22-10%). Postage and parts not included.