dsidle61

Tracker 170 on board charger

So this is a pretty specific question im hoping I can find someone out there in my situation.  I am looking to install an minnkota MK 210D onboard charger (2 bank) but of course, I cant find a spot for it to fit in the battery/gas tank compartment.  If anyone has done this and can send me some pictures of it installed that would be awesome!

I have a 2 bank charger on my 170 that I had Tracker install. It's mounted on the transom wall, right next to the batteries. I'll take a picture tomorrow and send it to you.

4 minutes ago, fuzzion said:

I have a 2 bank charger on my 170 that I had Tracker install. It's mounted on the transom wall, right next to the batteries. I'll take a picture tomorrow and send it to you.

Thanks! I did see some room there but I don't really want to drill holes into the transom.  But I'll take a look and see how yours is for sure. 

I did not have a good spot for a 3 bank charger in my 175 where it would not cut into storage.  Three batteries is such a tight squeez.  I installed quick connect plugs on the batteries and the charger leads.  I have the charger on the wall behind where I park the boat in the garage.  Works well.

Here you go. I'm sure they only used short self tappers. There's nothing penetrating through the transom.They ran the power cord up through the existing boot and zip tied it to the other lines.

pro170 charger.JPG