Master Bait'r

Made a pretty cool dash for the kayak...

Don't like putting my stuff on the floor, and I wasn't a fan of the ball-mount workspaces either so I made myself one that's a little more aesthetically pleasing.  I used mesh so it would drain and kept it minimal using only 1/4" rod and a few rivet pads.  I made it from carbon steel as well so I can use magnetic trays.  Also this is the Lure 11.5 with the removable electronics console in the middle so it had to allow that.  What do you think?  Might mount a couple little holders under it for pliers and such when I get some time but she's pretty much good to go after a few rivets.  If it looks crooked, it's the angle.  I spent a stupid amount of time satisfying my alignment OCD lol.  

Raw

72C18C42-A858-48E4-95DB-6E511A1C25A0_zps

Painted

7C093D2E-B95D-461D-8586-4974F26E4001_zps

7B361716-0C61-48B5-ABAC-A86B8AB6BF41_zps

E4ADA499-D996-418C-A862-5D12907F03CB_zps

Cheers to another random custom thingamabobber in the books.  

• Like 5

That looks awesome! I LOVE DIY yak stuff...

• Like 2

WOW, great job. Yea I hear you on not having stuff on the floor. 

• Like 1

very nice dude, that's slick!

• Like 1

Well done! I have some friends who can fish with piles of rods, camera bags and a net draped over their legs on the front deck. Me, I can't stand that clutter. A place for everything and everything in its place! :)

• Like 1

Nice, make me one:P   Why you have your scupper plugs in?

• Like 1

Very cool.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, boostr said:

Nice, make me one:P   Why you have your scupper plugs in?

I kinda like keeping the water on the outside of the foot area.  It just ends up getting it muddy with the plugs out with the sketchy portages I like.  I'd open them up for a river or the ocean but that's how I normally keep them.  

11 hours ago, Turtle135 said:

Well done! I have some friends who can fish with piles of rods, camera bags and a net draped over their legs on the front deck. Me, I can't stand that clutter. A place for everything and everything in its place! :)

Agreed!  The more I use it the more I dial the organization.  I can't stand having clutter and I can make just about anything I can dream up so it's just a matter of coming up with a clean design.  As pictured this is actually the second version.  1.0 was all sheetmetal and although it would have worked, it was lacking in the sexiness department.  I like the rounded lines and minimalist framing of this style much better and it's very strong.  

• Like 2

Looks great.  You have skills.  Good job.  

Finally added a rod holder to it after I figured out how and where I wanted it.  Very simple, strong and most importantly extremely low profile.  

B326823D-F563-4BA1-B17B-DC6E650C1227_zps

0D39C8C0-8572-4925-A014-B41A38DCAE39_zps

I also added two more flush mounted rod holders in the back. That makes 4 flush in the rear and one up front.  Perfect!  

• Like 1