Sign in to follow this  
Matteo6317

Fenwick aetos casting 6'4" medium xf tip

would this rod be good for jerkbait?  I was looking at replacing my bass pro carbonlite 6'8" med xf because it's just a little long for me as I slap the water occasionally.  Would this tip be a little strong for jerkbait considering the short length?  I was looking at a 6'6" med fast but found this rod at a good price.

I like Fenwick rods and have a number of them but I don't have that one. I saw it on FFO, and it interests me as well but the extra fast action Aetos I have is very stiff and it makes me think it will be the same way. I could also be wrong and it is described as a soft jigging rod, at that length I'd guess it is to target the walleye crowd but if it was for jigging it would have to have a soft tip and it would be perfect for jerkbaits. Give it a go and tell us (me) how it is!!!

I would recommend the 6'6" Medium/Fast carbonlite. I use that rod for small jerkbaits and it serves me well.

I appreciate the help... The more i read up on this, the xfast tip scares me a little so i probably will not get it.  Most likely going to get the Smallmouth 6'3 medium M/F or the Elite Tech Bass 6'6" Medium/Fast.  Anyone ever used these rods for Jerkbaits?

Where did you find the 6'3" M-MF Smallmouth rod???? Both of those rods will work but the 6'3" M-MF Smallmouth rod was made for jerkbait fishing and I missed out on getting one because I waited too long. Most guys liks a little longer rod but I love the 6'3" length, I had a G.Loomis jerkbait rod, the 752C JBR, it was a little lacking in power but great and I have an older model Cabelas XML 6'2", it was a 632 and it is no longer made, the rod is a fantastic for jerkbaits but I'd love to get the Smallmouth rod, so help me out here.

5 hours ago, smalljaw67 said:

Where did you find the 6'3" M-MF Smallmouth rod????

ffo-tackle.com

Give them a call, I've seen several of them recently in the store.

On 5/23/2016 at 7:39 PM, Matteo6317 said:

would this rod be good for jerkbait?

I prefer a longer rod for jerkbaits, but I'm using this rod for plastic top water baits and like it for that.  If you liked your Carbonlite I don't know why you wouldn't like this shorter Aetos.

oe

8 hours ago, OkobojiEagle said:

ffo-tackle.com

Give them a call, I've seen several of them recently in the store.

I prefer a longer rod for jerkbaits, but I'm using this rod for plastic top water baits and like it for that.  If you liked your Carbonlite I don't know why you wouldn't like this shorter Aetos.

oe

I checked FFO, they have 6'9" medium and MH and 6'10" MH but no 6'3" in that series.