WIGuide

Beautiful Evening

Tuesday night I decided to head out and get some much needed time on the water after work. The weather was wonderful, mid 70's bright sunny sky, so I hitched up the boat and headed for a lake close to home. The lake I picked is known to have a decent population of bass, but it hasn't been known to produce much for size. In the few years I've been fishing one int he 17" range is about as big as I can remember catching there. When I got to the lake and pulled up on my first spot, there was an overabundance of minnows everywhere. There were fish all over the place rolling and chasing bait. I was a little worried at first as normally situations with an overabundance of bait makes fishing tougher. I was soon reassured though after catching one in the first few minutes of fishing. In the roughly 3 1/2 hours that I fished, I pulled in 13 or 14 largemouth and one small northern. Not tremendous numbers by any means, but an enjoyable evening. What was surprising, was that my biggest 3 bass were 16 3/4", 17 1/4", and an 18 1/2" pig. Combined that, with beautiful weather, a gorgeous sunset, and an up close encounter with a loon and it was a great night. I was dying to replicate it yesterday but thunderstorms prevented me from doing so! 

IMAG1016.jpgIMAG1015.jpgIMAG1009.jpgIMAG1019.jpgIMAG1012.jpgIMAG1002.jpg

• Like 3

nice catches and great pics man!

wow nice fish.

Thanks guys!

Nice fish.  I got out last night and got a decent 17" and a few smaller ones down here in SE WI.

• Like 1