Hey guys, probably a silly question BUT... I have 3 bait casting set ups but I'm not really sure what to use them for. I have 1 I bought just recently for just pitching/flipping. But I'll list what I have and if any experienced vets have any advice on what to use and for what that'd be awesome. Thanks guys. 

Shimano cudaro 201hg 7.2.1

abu Garcia revo s 6.4.1

okuma Citrix 7.2.1

daiwa tatula 7'6" H 

duckett terex Rojas model 7' MH

duckett ghost 6'8" MH

24 minutes ago, Kyrazzy7 said:

Hey guys, probably a silly question BUT... I have 3 bait casting set ups but I'm not really sure what to use them for. I have 1 I bought just recently for just pitching/flipping. But I'll list what I have and if any experienced vets have any advice on what to use and for what that'd be awesome. Thanks guys. 

Shimano cudaro 201hg 7.2.1

abu Garcia revo s 6.4.1

okuma Citrix 7.2.1

daiwa tatula 7'6" H 

duckett terex Rojas model 7' MH

duckett ghost 6'8" MH

You inquired about a flipping rod-reel combo and bought the 201hg and Tatula 7'6" H rod.

Put the light reel on the light weight rod; Citrix w/ ghost.

That leaves the 7'MH w/revo.

You already know what you have.

Tom

• Like 1

I was just wondering what you would be throwing on those set ups. Minus the flipping stick but for the other two. What line would you put on and what kind of lures. 

The other 2 are good all purpose rods that can do almost anything except for treble hook lures

1 hour ago, lakeannaangler said:

The other 2 are good all purpose rods that can do almost anything except for treble hook lures

Agree.  Maybe put 6.4 revo on the 6'8" for spinnerbaits, chatterbaits and buzzbaits.  Put some 15lb copoly on it.  Put a 7.2 reel on the 7' mh for jigs, t-rigs, and weightless plastics with 14lb fluoro.

15 hours ago, Yudo1 said:

Agree.  Maybe put 6.4 revo on the 6'8" for spinnerbaits, chatterbaits and buzzbaits.  Put some 15lb copoly on it.  Put a 7.2 reel on the 7' mh for jigs, t-rigs, and weightless plastics with 14lb fluoro.

17 hours ago, lakeannaangler said:

Thanks guys! But I have a question. With the slow speed of the revo wouldn't it be good to throw crankbaits? How come on that set up I can't throw treble hooks on it?

You can throw cranks, but a mh/f rod isn't ideal.  It helps if you loosen the drag.

2 hours ago, Yudo1 said:

You can throw cranks, but a mh/f rod isn't ideal.  It helps if you loosen the drag.

Ok. Is that because it's to stout?

59 minutes ago, Kyrazzy7 said:

Ok. Is that because it's to stout?

Yes, too stiff to keep them pinned.  I've done it though.  Use mono, fluorocarbon or copoly and back off drag.

For the 6' 8 I would use 12lb copolymer and for the 7' I would use 15 or 17lb fluoro. With crankbait rods the rod has a parabolic bend to keep fish pinned. The rod you have isn't ideal but it could work with mono and a backed off drag