Luna2406

Taking some new kayak fishermen to Chickahominy Lake tomorrow!

I've fished there a few times and I've had some decent days there but I want to show these new fishermen a great time. Any tips for the area? I want to make sure their first kayak fishing trip is a good one for them and help them fall in love with this sport. I was planning on hitting the cypress trees  and any weed lines I find, I've had lots of luck recently throwing worms by cypress trees. Anyone been there lately? Hows the grass, is it super high yet?? Thanks for help!!

I've recently grabbed some bass around 2lb range near the cypress trees. After the rain this evening I'm hoping they'll be shallow tomorrow and the lily pads will produce. May have to make ways back up in Creek depending on where the clearer water is. Good luck!

• Like 1

Took them out and everyone caught something it was a great time! One of them even caught a bowfin! Just thought I'd give a follow up :)

I love catching bowfin....glad to hear you had a good time and everyone caught some fish.  I am hoping to get out somewhere tomorrow and hopefully feel a pull on my line as well :) 

4 hours ago, flyfisher said:

I love catching bowfin....glad to hear you had a good time and everyone caught some fish.  I am hoping to get out somewhere tomorrow and hopefully feel a pull on my line as well :) 

Its been a great week of fishing, probably the best I've ever had. I think the fish are really starting to bite, maybe they are just hungry right now. take advantage!!! haha good luck!