Jump to content
Josh Smith

What's This Umbrella Rig?

Recommended Posts


A few years back I bought a Yum rig.  I can't remember what it's called, and the packaging is long gone.

It's like an umbrella rig but for subtle differences:  First, there are four wires at angles with flashers on the ends.  There is no provision to attach jigs or hooks.

A central wire comes straight back.  It's longer and there is a provision for a jig or hook.  It makes the jig or hook stand out and it's therefore targeted by gamefish.

This rig netted me a fun fightin' walleye on its first cast, with a pink ball head jig and white curly tail grub. 

More important, it showed itself to be extremely snag resistant, and that's very important in the area of the river I fish.  It's almost exactly like a Yum Foxy Lady, but with a slightly longer center wire, jointed, with the joint covered what looks like shrink tube, and with spinner blades on the four outside wires.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the Yumbrella Flash Mob, and it comes in several sizes.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels


    bass fish

    fish for bass