Sign in to follow this  
ChrisD46

Difference Between Tracker Pro 175 TF & 175 TXW ?

For 2016 models - besides the 20 HP increase for the Pro 175TXW  , what are the other differenes between the Tracker Pro 175TF and the 175TXW ? The web site really wasn't clear to me as the both have the diamond coat finish and other features  of the two Trackers appear the same .

The are basically the same boat. They use the exact same hull and both are rated at 75 HP. The TXW is a bass boat. The TF is more of a multi-species boat. The biggest difference is going to be seating and storage. The TF has more places for you to put a pedestal seat, as well as, two live wells and a different storage configuration. Here is a link from Tracker of the TF layout. http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/specs.cfm?boat=3879

The TXW has only one live well with two places for pedestal seats. The rod locker is in the middle of the front casting deck instead of the left side on the TF. The casting decks on the TXW sit higher than the decks on the TF. Here is the link to the TXW layout. http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/specs.cfm?boat=3880

Aside from those few differences they are basically the same boat.

• Like 1

Thanks mredd07 - yes definately the bass boat TXW version ... Now have to study would a PT190 be the better option for two fairly large fishermen with more driver leg room or will the PT175 get it done in Florida lakes and St. Johns river ?

• Like 1

I sat in both the 175TXW and the 190Tx, leg room if not the same, it is so close that I couldn't tell the diff. I'm 6'1" 225lbs, and both were perfectly comfortable. 

I went into BPS yesterday thinking I was going to buy the 175 with the 60hp and ended up putting the money down on the 190 with the Optimax 115hp instead. It was only ~30 more per month, and a huge motor upgrade. The biggest difference between the two boats seems to be a bigger casting deck and a bigger motor capacity, otherwise they are nearly identical boats. My wife joked that we could fit our little 2man tent on the front deck of the 190... That might be worth a try...:D

The 175 TXW would be fine on those bodies of water. The biggest difference from the 175-190 is gonna be length, engine size, and price. The 190 is a foot longer. Person weight is 555 for the 175 and 685 for the 190. Stability should be about the same as the beam and bottom width are identical on both models. Your best bet would be to go look at both of them and crawl around inside them if you have a dealer that has both near you.

4 hours ago, Avalonjohn44 said:

I sat in both the 175TXW and the 190Tx, leg room if not the same, it is so close that I couldn't tell the diff. I'm 6'1" 225lbs, and both were perfectly comfortable.

I went into BPS yesterday thinking I was going to buy the 175 with the 60hp and ended up putting the money down on the 190 with the Optimax 115hp instead. It was only ~30 more per month, and a huge motor upgrade. The biggest difference between the two boats seems to be a bigger casting deck and a bigger motor capacity, otherwise they are nearly identical boats. My wife joked that we could fit our little 2man tent on the front deck of the 190... That might be worth a try...:D

You read my mind - very quickly I went from being interested a PT175 with a 60HP to the 75HP upgrade (still viable if funds are limited) and then the PT190 TX or TXM with the 115HP Optimax (I think better for this boat than a 115HP 4 stroke - unless your trolling slow a lot) . *A couple of guys both over 225 lbs. , their gear , plus twin power polls and gas becomes a bit more weight . I believe even the PT175 with the 75HP is still going to have a bit more of a challenge than moving up to the PT190 with the 115HP . As long as funds are no trouble I think the new sweet spot for a aluminum bass boat is the Tracker PT190 with the Merc 115HP 2 stroke .

• Like 1

I would take a glance at the Rangers aluminum boats as well. They are a little more pricey but worth it in my mind. They are basically the same hull with better fit and finish, as well as, multiple engine options and more storage. I was dead set on a RT 178 with an Evinrude E-Tec. The only reason I ended up with a PT 175 TXW was a matter of the 175 being in stock and about an 8 week wait for the RT 178. Tracker makes a fine boat these days and by no means am I disappointed in it, but ultimately only you can decide what boat is right for you. I would highly recommend upgrading the electronics as I have found the Elite X-3 that comes standard is garbage in my experience. They seem to be hit and miss, but some people have reported they work great. I have found the depth finder on mine is rather inaccurate in shallow water. I bought the Tracker with standard options with intentions on upgrading the trolling motor and electronics with-in a year with the realization that I'm having to upgrade the electronics sooner than I hoped for. I would also upgrade the trolling motor if you go with the 190. The 45# that comes standard will get the job done, but I think you will find yourself wanting more on breezy days. I hope the info I have given has helped you and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I have a 2015 Ranger RT178.  I considered the Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW as a viable alternate option based on the reduced cost and the really nice center rod locker.  Eventually I chose the Ranger because of the dealer/service location was much closer than the Tracker location.  Both came stock with the Lowrance Elite 3x (sonar only).  I put the stock Elite 3x at the bow and immediately upgraded the console.  The nice part of the Ranger is that I they can mount up to a 7 inch screen flush on the dash whereas the Trackers are more offset to the right.  Gander Mountain has an online sale this week on a discontinued Lowrance Elite 5 for $299 that would work as a nice upgrade on your Tracker.  Here's the link for it

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Lowrance-Elite-5-HDI-Fishfinder/Chartplotter-With-Suncover&i=922116

The difference between the thr 175 TXW and TF is all in the front deck. The TXW deck is higher and only has one seat base. The TF has a lower deck and three set bases, so you can sit side by side for crappie fishing. A fishing buddy has a TF175 and it s a very nice boat.