Mi11er

Daughter's first solo catch!

Was in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area for the last week and had a blast,  Smallmouth, Largemouth, Walleye were on fire.   My 5 year old daughter had a leech and bobber on and when we got back to the cabin to eat lunch she just threw the leech out on the dock waiting for everyone to get unloaded and she hooked her first fish.   She hooked it and reeled it totally in by herself and it was a 3.26 lb Small mouth, great looking fish.  She would not touch it :P, but did wave goodbye when it was released.  

Fish weigh.jpg

Ashleighsfish.jpg

• Like 6

She's Hooked!:surprised-038:

Congrats to both of you, it sounds like you timed the trip perfectly.

• Like 1

Congratulations! That is a very nice smallmouth and I'm sure you are very proud.

• Like 1

Awesome job! That reminds me of my 6 y.o. daughter at the time when we went up to Idaho and she would not touch any of the smallmouth with red eyes because they were mad at her for catching them. Congrats to the both of you and I imagine you were even more excited about her catch than she was. :D:D

• Like 1

Memories made !!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NorcalBassin said:

Awesome job! That reminds me of my 6 y.o. daughter at the time when we went up to Idaho and she would not touch any of the smallmouth with red eyes because they were mad at her for catching them. Congrats to the both of you and I imagine you were even more excited about her catch than she was. :D:D

Would not touch them due to them being made at her... :lol:   That is classic!  

Fantastic for her! And congrats to you :) 

• Like 1

She might be in the top three all time for LMB catch/weight ratio!  I love seeing the kid stoke!! 

• Like 2

Great job.  Good times.

• Like 1

what is it with these young kids annihilating my PB smallmouth?!?!?!   my 4 year old nephew still has me beat!

that's absolutely awesome man!  she looks about as happy as a kid on christmas morning!

• Like 1

You are making memories that she will never forget.  Congrats to you, the world would be a better place, if everyone spent more time with their children. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Thank you everyone.  She was stoked and very proud of her fish.   She is ready to go back next year and both the kids are ready to go out to the local lake.