HELP! I can't seem to make up my mind. I have about 150 to spend and cannot decide on whether to buy a nice Rod for about 100 bucks or go with a 50 dollar Rod and get a BPS Pro Qualifier also. Now keep in mind that I just purchased a new Daiwa Fuego baitcaster 7:2:1. I have a BPS TOURNEY Rod which feels kinda heavy to me but then again what do I know? Talking with some friends I was advised to go the Pro Qualifier route and get it in a slower retrieve speed. Also keep in mind that I am REALLY new to this and don't know if I would feel a great deal of difference between a 100 dollar Rod as apposed to a 50dollar Rod. HELP!!

BAITMONKEY I DISPISE YOU!!

On the bps website, the carbonlite rod and proqualifier reel combo start at 159. Why not spend 10 extra bucks and get a decent rod and the pq reel. 

Well it turns out I only have 100 dollars to spend so it looks like I will get a decent Rod with it.

Check out the HMG, Elite Tech Smallmouth and Aetos rods on FFO.  See if any fit the specs you are looking for.  Opt for the Aetos, Smallmouth and HMG in that order for quality of rod.

• Like 1