Sign in to follow this  
joe chum

St. Croix Mojo C68MXF

I have a Mojo 68MXF casting rod on the way and is going to be used primarily for topwaters and jerkbaits. I was curious to what other lures and techniques you guys use it for?

I would use it for the suggested techniques along with plastics and small spinnerbaits.

• Like 1

It would also be my roboworm rod..any finesse type worm that the rod can effectively cast before they get too light.

Id use it for a double fluke set up..but I guess that falls into the jerkbait category.

Id also use it for small crankbaits but only with mono line. The XF tip will be way too fast with something with no stretch like braid..but with 8-10LB mono I wouldn't be worried at all using it with small crankbaits (a lot of guys will disagree on this but I would do it no problem just don't set the hooks like normal..a hard reel and a little sweep of the rod is all you'd need)

Thanks guys. I will give small crankbaits a try. I will be using #8 Yo-Zuri Hybrid which probably doesn't stretch as much as mono. 

4 hours ago, joe chum said:

Thanks guys. I will give small crankbaits a try. I will be using #8 Yo-Zuri Hybrid which probably doesn't stretch as much as mono. 

If you're going to throw crankbaits with the XF tip, then Id definitely get mono. You're going to want that stretch since your rod isn't going to have much forgiveness with that extra fast action

I'm plan on picking up another casting reel and it will be spooled with mono. I appreciate your help mojojojo.

I have this exact rod, just bought it this year on a good deal. For me I tried using with jerkbaits and it works well for small ones but anything 7 foot deep plus it was just not enough back bone for me. However this has been an awesome rod for topwater baits. Im switching it to my worm rod since i have a different rod that will work fine for topwater. 

I have that rod in the avid line and its my standard tex rig setup.  Use it for 3/16-3/8 oz weights normally. I really like it for worms. Very sensitive but loads up quick.