Sign in to follow this  
joe chum

LC Gunfish 117 vs. Evergreen SB-105

The LC Gunfish 117 almost looks identical to the Evergreen SB-105 and was curious if it has the same action as the SB-105? It's quite a bit cheaper as well. 

I have not fished either yet but on my last TW order, both baits were bought. I can tell you the design of the mouth and the way it cups is different. Their profile is quite similar and both seem to have good build quality. The general consensus from what I have read is the that the Evergreen SB just flat out catches fish. I bought one of each so I can see the results first hand and see which one works better.

7 hours ago, kickerfish1 said:

I have not fished either yet but on my last TW order, both baits were bought. I can tell you the design of the mouth and the way it cups is different. Their profile is quite similar and both seem to have good build quality. The general consensus from what I have read is the that the Evergreen SB just flat out catches fish. I bought one of each so I can see the results first hand and see which one works better.

I purchased the SB-105 today. I got the same consensus as you from my research. Thanks for your help.

The 117 is surprisingly subtle. Long, smooth glides. I don't have the SB-105... yet.