Sign in to follow this  
68camaro

First time out in quite awhile

Went to local pond last night with daughter for only an hour, only second time putting line in water since early April due to life:) I have been avoiding forum so as not to be reminded of what I am missing.

We only fished for an hour but using frogs on first cast had blowup walking it over pond scum. 15 minutes later cast it over open water to more pond scum and as I was retrieving off scum got big blowup but bass let go, I let it sit for few seconds and BAM second monster blow up, splash was so loud two anglers quite a ways away looked over, bass took frog under and when I felt a good tug I set hook. Was rewarded with a 18" 3.9lb LM, which is big fish in my local ponds.

The bass inhaled my frog and was hooked by trailer hook deep in throat, I was also using scent on frog.

Man have I missed this.  Daughter did real well casting and retrieving her frog as well, she really liked it.

thats awesome! I just started fishing for bass last summer and i am hooked!! I absolutely love it. The one thing i look forward to most aside from fishing myself, is being able to take my kids fishing. We are due with our first child (daughter) anytime over the next couple weeks, and man i cannot wait to introduce her to fishing. Im already receiving fishing stuff from my wife and family. Congrats to you for taking her fishing, and even better that fish were caught. 

nice fish and sounds like a nice trip out with the young one!