nameiztaken

What types of baits would you use this rod for?

I recently got a Abu Garcia 7ft medium power, fast action, Veritas 1.0 series on sale for $60 at bps, what would you guys use this for? I have heard that a Veritas in medium is more of a medium-heavy. Thanks in advance!

Versatile rod, can be used for bottom contact to top water.

• Like 1

Honestly I'd throw about all common baits with it if I had to, wouldn't do it all amazingly but it would deffinalty get the job done. Abu rods fish a power heavier than most, my 7' mh veritas was a broom handle  but it was one of my favorite rods.

• Like 1

Yes to all of the above....including that the rod will fish a little heavier than medium.  At least the two Abu rods I have do.  A 6'6" to 7' MF or MHF are considered all-around rods.

• Like 2

Abu garcia rods fish a power heavier than normal. That is a good all purpose rod for just about anything.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nameiztaken said:

I recently got a Abu Garcia 7ft medium power, fast action, Veritas 1.0 series on sale for $60 at bps, what would you guys use this for? I have heard that a Veritas in medium is more of a medium-heavy. Thanks in advance!

If it has micro guides the bottom one tends to break off.  Fishes just as well without it.

• Like 1

good all around rod, great spinnerbait rod.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Fisher-O-men said:

If it has micro guides the bottom one tends to break off.  Fishes just as well without it.

Nope! No microguides! Good ol' tough stuff!

• Like 1

A lot of the guys around here (Chesapeake Bay and Potomac River) love that rod for throwing rattle traps for bass and strippers.  Truly it is a durable rod, good for many techniques.  I own its siblings, a 7 ft mh which I use for frogs and a 7 ft hvy which I use for heavy jigs on deep structure. Some have had guide issues where the insert popped out, if that happens just find a good rod repair guy and re-guide it.  That has not happened to me but I am pretty easy on my gear.  Those rods catch a lot of fish around here. 

• Like 2

I have a rod like that I use for spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, Rat L Traps, cranks and a backup to my topwater rod. But if it's very sensitive I'd be tempted to use it for bottom bumping baits like T rigs.

• Like 1