Sign in to follow this  
sako85

prop debth

or why such a splash.I think I have the proper mounting debth.Boat and motor level ,cavitation plate aprox  0.5 in.above keel line.I have 40hp evinrude mounted to a CMC Power tilt on a 14ft SmokerCraft.The motor did not have a power tilt/trim so I went the after market route.Buying  a unit to convert was just not cost effective.The CMC works like a charm but now I get almost a duel rooster tail effect which to me isn't the best.I wonder if because of the set back from the CMC,now the motor mount(for lack) is causing it.I need to go take a look see but I need someone to drive while I hang off the back.

Just wondering if anyone with a CMC T&T unit has this issue and how did you fix it.

BTW Bass were on yesterday hit all I threw at them.Frogs on the paddys,drop shot and MoJos,best of the day was 3.7lbs,I post a pick when it's sent to me by Fishbuddy.

Thanks

I ran the CMC PT35 trim tilt plate which gave my Merc 25 hp trim tilt and a 5 inch setback.  If you are using the PT130 that works the same and adds a 6 inch setback.  I never had a problem with it, but my anti cav plate was just about equal to or just below the bottom of my boat.  Generally aluminum props work best deeper than you think.  If you are running stainless than it becomes a trial and error situation.  I ran that setup on a Lowe Stinger 17 bass boat because I was fishing a hp restricted lake. After some prop trials we settled on a pitch change of 4 inches, and the addition of a Stingray jr. hydrofoil. With that combo I got the 1000 pound hull up fast and level. Top speed was 18 mph.  I think if you can lower it just a little and see what happens  i would try that.  That setup worked terrific till I moved next to the Chesapeake Bay  and repowered with a 75 hp Merc.