Sign in to follow this  
d-camarena

Backseat warriors?

Any of you guys keep a rod and reel combo and small tackle bag in  your cars at all times for that unexpected fishing trip? 

I keep a shimano ix-fx combo that cost me $15 couple years ago. It had taken a beating and theres no telling how many fish it had gotten me over the years. Its the least senitive and heaviest combo i own but its a warrior. 

Im just curious to see what combos you guys keep handy at all times. 

I keep an old Remington graphite 5'6 casting rod that I got for free when my father in law was cleaning out his barn.  It fits well enough in the back of my Aztec for a 1 piece rod.  It's decently light weight, loads well with most anything I try to cast and the price was right so I don't have to worry too much about it getting damaged or stolen.  It's paired with an H2O xpress mettle baitcasting reel.  Is nothing to fancy but plenty good enough to get the job done.  

• Like 1

I sure do, and that's the main way I get to fish these days, hence the motto "casting wherever whenever."

I have a 2-pc MF Veritas 6'-6' that fits in the trunk nicely, with a ProMax reel, and/or a Shimano Spirex reel with a 2-pc ugly stick about the same size and weight.

My approach is that it's more important to fish when you can with good gear, than to wish you could fish more with better gear. 

• Like 1

I most always have 2 or 3 setups in my car. I do a lot of after work fishing. It's just my normal gear, but I do have braid on everything since they sit in the car in the heat for long periods of time.

• Like 1

I usallys keep mid tier or low tier gear in my car because the 100 degree weather here in tx ruins gear fast.