Sign in to follow this  
Dan_the_fisher

Anyone own a super tuned Calcutta B?

I was wondering what all anyone has done to them b series, it's a 200 size that I'm gonna replace my Cardiff with. I was thinking about sending it to ian and getting him to fix it up for me, and what all handles do you guys run on them? I'm planning on picking up another hang handle for it

Not much you NEED to do with a Calcutta 200B. A drag upgrade is good bang-for-the-buck. You could upgrade the spool bearings and super-tune if you want to spend the bucks.

Handles? Lots of them will fit. You might want to install a longer handle if you think you need the additional leverage. The Hawgtech handle works well and looks good on Calcuttas (see photo).

If you decide to super-tune and/or upgrade bearings, our board sponsor Mike at Delaware Valley Tackle could handle that for you.

Have fun - Calcuttas are nice reels...:thumbsup:

Shimano CTE-200GT.JPG

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Goose52 said:

Not much you NEED to do with a Calcutta 200B. A drag upgrade is good bang-for-the-buck. You could upgrade the spool bearings and super-tune if you want to spend the bucks.

Handles? Lots of them will fit. You might want to install a longer handle if you think you need the additional leverage. The Hawgtech handle works well and looks good on Calcuttas (see photo).

If you decide to super-tune and/or upgrade bearings, our board sponsor Mike at Delaware Valley Tackle could handle that for you.

Have fun - Calcuttas are nice reels...:thumbsup:

Shimano CTE-200GT.JPG

I was planning on butting another hawg handle on it, I love them on my calais. I was thinking about drag washers at minimum, maybe some better bearings but i dont know right now.