I bought a St. Croix LTB shaky head spinning rod off eBay. When the FedEx guy gets there he offers to stick around while I open the package, to make sure the rod is okay, since the packing job looks so awful. Three sections of taped together boxes, very flimsy. I begin to open the package and realize the seller has just stuck the rod in this makeshift box and filled it with packing peanuts. When I get the rod out, I realize it has a bend in it, 6" from the tip (below the second guide). Next I realize that the box is literally 2" shorter than the rod. Why would you ship a $260 rod like this! It was used, I didn't pay that much.  Is it fixable?

I bought a St. Croix LTB shaky head spinning rod off eBay. When the FedEx guy gets there he offers to stick around while I open the package, to make sure the rod is okay, since the packing job looks so awful. Three sections of taped together boxes, very flimsy. I begin to open the package and realize the seller has just stuck the rod in this makeshift box and filled it with packing peanuts. When I get the rod out, I realize it has a bend in it, 6" from the tip (below the second guide). Next I realize that the box is literally 2" shorter than the rod. Why would you ship a $260 rod like this! It was used, I didn't pay that much.  Is it fixable?

Thats a bad day. As far as being fixable goes, I'm not sure. I would recommend returning that one and trying again.

FYI, sportsmans warehouse has a current promotion on their website where if you purchase a St. Croix rod over $150, you get a $50 gift card. Just in case you decide to go with the new route.

Take good pictures and contact the seller.  I believe it is junk!

Fixable?  Yes, by someone that knows how.  Will it be the same?  NO

I would have refused the shipment and requested refund from paypal.

A bow in the tip, might be a better way of describing  it. I've contacted the seller and am returning it, hopefully I won't have to eat the return shipping. 

yeah i'd return that and get the money back!