Dennis1972

how much salt for senkos?

i bought a 4 slot silicone mold to recycle my senkos and my friend gave me an old microwave and my mom gave me a pyrex glass measuring cup, the mold has 4 slots to pour into per batch. how much salt do i need to add to make 4 senkos? i would like them to turn out a little softer than they were originally.  Thanks!

I would try and experiment a few times then start to make salt adjustments. I actually have no idea and experience with molds

Just a heads up that hand pouring senkos in an open pour mold will lead to the salt settling to the bottom of the mold, meaning that it will not be evenly distributed throughout the bait. What I have experienced in the past is that such baits will be hard on one side. Also, hand pouring baits with salt is a little tricky, since that salt is always wanting to settle to the bottom of the cup, so alot of stirring is needed. Before you pour, please read one of the guides available on Tackle underground or the Do-it website so that you are aware of the safety issues associated with pouring plastic.

Hope this helps, Dave

• Like 1

As said. Safety first

If you are melting Semko's you should not need to add any salt as it is already in there.

When remelting senko's they will absorb moisture and bubble when you micro them.

Cook in short 15 sec intervals as they will burn fast. stir stir stir.