Sign in to follow this  
Scarborough817

Great opening weekend

so in Ontario bass opened this past weekend like every other Ontario angler i was beyond excited i rigged up 8 rods the night before for the trip, all with various baits. 

1) 1/2 oz Dredge Brush Jig
2) 3/4 oz Mata Football Jig
3) 3/8 oz Chatterbait
4) Arashi 5 Squarebill
5) Hudd 68
6) Strike King 6XD
7) Strike King Sexy Dawg
8) 5/16 oz Ned Rig

The morning started off slow as I covered water with a spook and chatterbait, I hit the first one about 8:30 an hour into my trip not to big but man did i miss seeing blow-ups on top water baits. after that i hit one more on top water and then the bite died, I couldn't find anything for a while until i decided to start flipping brush and lily pads. Lets just say i need a couple more packages of beavers now they were on them non stop. I flipped in 6 good fish all over 3 lbs including one smallie which hit 3.5. I then moved to a couple spots and decided to throw the hudd which didn't get bit but that's fine I know how it goes with big baits, then i covered the bank again moving with a 3/8 oz bladed jig which landed me another 4 fish i decided to call if a day and have some beers with the guys. so over all i had an awesome opening weekend 

• Like 2

great start it sounds like!

ya now i just need to find something a little more durable than the sweet beavers are