Sign in to follow this  
Fish4bigfish

Need help choosing

So I need a decent drop shot rod for 1/8 to 1/4 drop shot in 10 to 30 feet of water. I have narrowed my search to the *** *** black 6' 7" medium light or the major craft nanoace 6' 9 " medium light. If any of you guys have used either of these for drop shot I would appreciate your feed back. Also I do routinely catch bass north of 6 lbs. will these rods handle these fish in open water.

Have you looked at the Irod Genesis II line of spinning rods? Also Powell has some really nice light rods as well in both the Powell Max3d as well as the Inferno line. I have had all 3 in my hand at a local shop. I own one of the Powell casting rods as well as 2 Irods.  I paired the heavier Irod Genesis II spinning rod with a Shimano Symetre reel and youu can not even believe how light that combo is. 

I have looked but I don't believe they are "light enough" the nanoace is rated to throw 1/16 up to 1/4

personally I'd look at a longer rod....with light line the longer rod absorbs more shock on the line. I fish a 7'6" and I think it made a big difference over the 7' I used to use.