Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tcbass

What type of electrical plug is this?

Recommended Posts

I have this truck plug and had what I thought was the correct male half. I guess I was wrong.

 

What type do I need?

 

(Sorry, I don't know why it shows them sideways. They are correct on my computer.)

IMG_8045.JPG

IMG_8046.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking that what's in your hand is correct for the trailer side and is the female. There is another piece that goes between the plug in the top pic and the piece in your hand. Is that a GM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, Ski213 said:

I'm thinking that what's in your hand is correct for the trailer side and is the female. There is another piece that goes between the plug in the top pic and the piece in your hand. Is that a GM?

 

 

Ford, but the guy did a lot of his own work and he did it poorly. 

 

So what exactly am I missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tcbass said:

 

 

 

Ford, but the guy did a lot of his own work and he did it poorly. 

 

So what exactly am I missing?

It's gonna look something like this.  

image.jpeg   

I'm thinking the plug you have will plug into the back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ski213 said:

It's gonna look something like this.  

image.jpeg   

I'm thinking the plug you have will plug into the back. 

 

 

 

That looks like what I need. Is that part sold as a male half? Because that looks like the right end but in a female form. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, tcbass said:

 

 

 

That looks like what I need. Is that part sold as a male half? Because that looks like the right end but in a female form. 

The plug you're holding in the first post will go into the part on the truck I took a pic of. 

The plug on your truck looks to be part of the wiring harness that plugs into the back of the RV plug (what I took at pic of) then the trailer plug goes into the end you can see in the pic.  I'm sorry I'm not great at explaining things so I'm probably adding confusion 

Edited by Ski213

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ski213 said:

The plug you're holding in the first post will go into the part on the truck I took a pic of. 

The plug on your truck looks to be part of the wiring harness that plugs into the back of the RV plug (what I took at pic of) then the trailer plug goes into the end you can see in the pic.  I'm sorry I'm not great at explaining things so I'm probably adding confusion 

 

 

So so you're saying I have the right part and it should work?

 

 

Because it looks different than your pic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 minutes ago, tcbass said:

 

 

So so you're saying I have the right part and it should work?

 

 

Because it looks different than your pic. 

No not at all. You are missing the rv plug for the truck. That's what I took a pic of. The plug that you took a pic of on the truck would go to the truck side of the rv plug. The other pic you took should be from the trailer and would plug into the other side of the rv plug. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The plug is on the wiring from the boat trailer, the receptacle is mounted onto the tow vehicle.

There is a adapter available that your 4 wire flat trailer plug will plug into to adapt the flat 4 wire plug to a round universal plug that mates to your tow vehicle round receptacle. Plugs have external polarizing key (raised boss) receptacle will have a mating key way ( recessed notch) to align the plug to the reception contacts properly.

RV shops carry what you need. Your current plug and receptacle don't appear to be mates and are severely corroded and need to be replaced.

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×