Sign in to follow this  
Keiran Beam

Nashua River Summer Fishing

I got off the lake today with an ok day of fishing. Had 2 3lbers and some smaller ones landed. I launched at the top of the d**n in Nashua. I was wondering if anyone had tips to find and land big Nashua River bass and where I can find consistent quality bass in this River. I spent 10hours on the lake and it was hard to put a pattern together. Tell me what ya know!

Well I don't know the exact river your talking about but I still should be able to give a few tips that will apply. You said the river has a dam. Do they generate power? If so in my experience the best fishing occurs when the waters running. Not only does it kick start the feeding but it positions the bass in easy to find places. The first couple miles below the dam is usually best. First thing is that bass always face upstream so you should cast up and work your lure with the current. Throw at every area with slack water. Lay downs, logs, rocks, anything that breaks the current. Bass sit in the slack water and eat anything that comes by. Also if there are any S curves in this river this is a great place for bass no matter if the waters running or not. Good luck.