I will be a freshman in high school this year so this will be my first year of fishing tournaments. Please let me know if you have anything that could possibly help me at any point of my highschool fishing career. Anything like how to practice, tournament strategies, getting sponsors, improve my fishing skill level, e.t.c. Anything will help. Thank you. 

I'm gone be fishing my third year of high school tourniments this year. the best advice I can give you is just fish for five fish i know that sounds crazzy like everyone knows that but what I'm. saying is you ain't out there fishing against kvd. your fishing against high school students. an even the big names high school "studs" show up to weigh in without a limit some days just stick to simple technics an catch a limit an you will have a nice finish at any high school tourniment.....also what state are you gone be fishing in?

Thanks for the advice. I'll be fishing in Kansas tournaments. 

cool I fish in south Carolina llf an keep your head up in your tourniments threw out the season my first year I finished first in the state for points an went to nationals on kentucky lake an befor we got the email saying we finished first id of never guessed. but just keep your head on your shoulders for the whole season. than start over with the next an so on.

Trust your instincts on when throwing a bait but dont be scared to grab something else that you think will catch fish. this is my second season 

I will chip in my 2 cents worth. Do some research and find some local bass clubs to contact. Many clubs have provisions for non-members to fish as a 'guest,' especially if they use a boater/co-angler setup for their club tournaments and, as many clubs do, tend to run short on the co-angler side. Let them know that you and your HS team would be available to fish any time their club needs additional co-anglers to fill out their teams. You can learn a lot from the back seat, and most club anglers would be glad to share their knowledge. Be careful not to compete in tournaments which have an official monetary prize payout, as that will endanger your 'amateur' (i.e. non-paid) athletic status.

Even if you are not able to fish with them, a few members might take you along on a private basis. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Also let them know that your team would welcome any type of support they might have to offer, whether it be in the form of financial support to your team, donations of supplies or equipment, or even giving you their old/unused plastics. Again, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Good luck!

• Like 1