Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TackleKing

Chesapeake Bay Fishing

Recommended Posts

I'm going to be fishing the Chesapeake Bay soon and I'm wondering the best baits for it. I'm considering a super spook if I'm closer to the shore and a swim jig if I'm just in the middle of the bay. So any recommendations for either by the shore or not by the shore?  

My lineup currently is:

1. Swim jig

2. Spoon lure

3. Deep diving crank bait

(and if I'm by the shore I might throw a super spook at one point)

 

So any changes I should make or recommendations at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are you fishing the upper Chesapeake Bay (Susquehanna Flats area) for largemouth bass?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Turtle135 said:

are you fishing the upper Chesapeake Bay (Susquehanna Flats area) for largemouth bass?

Well I'm not exactly sure but I'm leaving out of the Baltimore "Carefree Boat Club" Marina. That's near the Baltimore harbor and the National Aqaurium so anywhere between an hours boat ride from there most likely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you aren't sure exactly where you will be fishing try something versatile like a jig or spoon maybe. I'm no Chesapeake expert at all but those will probably be your best bets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LiftedSquare13 said:

If you aren't sure exactly where you will be fishing try something versatile like a jig or spoon maybe. I'm no Chesapeake expert at all but those will probably be your best bets.

Yeah you don't know anything so why are you even replying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TackleKing said:

Yeah you don't know anything so why are you even replying

You're a real likable guy. I'd love to help such a *****. http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/fishingreport/index.asp

Best statewide fishing report I've ever read. Updates weekly.

Headed out of Bmore, If your target is LMB you'll have a slow day. There's plenty of action to be had though. I hope u have a crappy day on the water though. 

And no, that is not even close to upper bay flats. Try looking at a map ;-)

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ssheldon1 said:

You're a real likable guy. I'd love to help such a *****. http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/fishingreport/index.asp

Best statewide fishing report I've ever read. Updates weekly.

Headed out of Bmore, If your target is LMB you'll have a slow day. There's plenty of action to be had though. I hope u have a crappy day on the water though. 

And no, that is not even close to upper bay flats. Try looking at a map ;-)

 

 

 

 

 

Hey I was just joking around, lifted square is actually one of my best friends. He took the joke and you took it to the next level. 

3 hours ago, ssheldon1 said:

You're a real likable guy. I'd love to help such a *****. http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/fishingreport/index.asp

Best statewide fishing report I've ever read. Updates weekly.

Headed out of Bmore, If your target is LMB you'll have a slow day. There's plenty of action to be had though. I hope u have a crappy day on the water though. 

And no, that is not even close to upper bay flats. Try looking at a map ;-)

 

 

 

 

 

Also I never said it was close to the flats I just told him where I AM fishing. I also never said I was targeting LMB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're looking at saltwater in that area of the bay.  There is (or at least was) a small population of bass in the upper reaches of the tidal Patapsco, but I wouldn't say it's 'fishable' for bass...The same goes for just about every tidal tributary though, if you go back far enough there will be a few bass most likely.  Middle River to the north of Baltimore is about the southern limit of the actual bass fishing for the main bay itself.  

If you don't really know where you're going I'd just plan to bottom fish with bait...Lots of White Perch, Spots, Croakers, etc to be caught.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TackleKing said:

Hey I was just joking around, lifted square is actually one of my best friends. He took the joke and you took it to the next level. 

Also I never said it was close to the flats I just told him where I AM fishing. I also never said I was targeting LMB

What fish ARE you targeting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Choporoz said:

What fish ARE you targeting?

I'm not really targeting anything in particular so I'm rrying to find a more versatile bait that can be used to catch multiple species

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×