Sign in to follow this  
1simplemann

Shimano Crucial Spinning Rod

I need a a replacement rod. I'm going in a different direction. Old rod was a Big Box store brand mostly for warranty reasons. The intended use for the rod will be mostly soft plastic like tubes and swimbaits. I have a  6'8 Mediam XF BPS Johnny Morris Signature Carbon coil which comes w/ micro guides. I love it for certain applications. I'm looking for a similar rod in 7'2" w/ standard size guides. I've been looking at the Shimano Crucial Spinning rod series. I never have held one but the reviews I've read are good but it seems they are from the older design. I'm growing REALLY fond of the split grip of my CarbonCoil. It seems like I can feel the bite better since my fingers are on the blank. The Crucial appears to have everything I'm looking for. I would really like to hold one but that's not an option where I live. Any opinions! They would greatly be appreciated.

I have the split grip Crucial. I had another one that I sold since I liked the look of the cork a bit better. I use them on both spinning and casting rigs.

In a nutshell I think you'll be very happy. The build is very nice, finish is as slick as you'll find anywhere, and the blank is light and sensitive. Really I can't say any more, I just know I've used Crucial's for several years now and the new series are by far the best I've handled.

I have a spinning 7ft mh. I like it more than my zodias. Its my favorite rod. Very sensitive and very good backbone

That's 3 votes yes. That's make me feel good. I put a bid in on one on E-bay. I really wanted to put one in my hands but that's not possible where I live. I have to drive 3 hrs to find a good selection of rods. Any more opinions?